Re: [SLUG-POL] The lunatic state of california

From: Smitty (76543a@mpinet.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 09:11:38 EDT

Steve,
Yes, Russ did prove it to be fiction beyond any doubts and you were
diligent enough to check into the facts and suspect it was a joke.
The whole point of this exercise was to show that well-crafted
plausible stories are initially accepted as fact by many and make
good flame-bait. Please address your comments to Judy Weizner at the
National Review. I think she deserves an award for this very well
written story.
Smitty