Re: [SLUG-POL] The Lunatic state of California

From: Isaiah Weiner (iweiner@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 15:26:08 EDT

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 03:09:27PM -0400, Smitty wrote:
> Perhaps you have taken too many of your dad's drugs, Isaiah, YOU reread
> the thread. I asked you why do we have to be perfect? You're believing
> your own psychobabble, now. Lack of perfection does not imply we "need"
> psych treatment. That's a non-sequitur conclusion.

    You're smoking crack again Smitty. Much more psychotropic than
anything I'm on. ;)

<--
    Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 23:22:02 -0400
    From: Smitty <76543a@mpinet.net>
    Subject: Re: [SLUG-POL] The Lunatic state of California
    To: slug-politics@nks.net

> MOST (where most is the largest group in a group of groups)
> descriptions in the DSM volumes diagram extreme cases, this is true; it's
> up to the interpretation of the physician (remember, psychiatrists are
> medical doctors, too, which last I checked, was a field of science) to
> determine it's relation to the patient. We're not machines, nearly
> everybody requires slightly different treatments.

You are mistaken. "Everybody" does not require "treatments".

------

    Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 00:03:41 -0400
    From: Isaiah Weiner <iweiner@redhat.com>
    To: slug-politics@nks.net

> You are mistaken. "Everybody" does not require "treatments".

    If you're alive, then you need treatment of some sort. No one is
perfect and leads the perfect life, yielding the perfect body and mind.
What you're saying is very similar to someone saying, "I have no problems"
when the reality is, everyone has problems of one severity or another.

    Now, I'm not suggesting you get pumped full of thorazine and strapped
to a table for the rest of your life, I'm suggesting you seek out
homoepathic solutions, pro-actively, for future problems so you can avoid
them.

------

> If you're alive, then you need treatment of some sort. No one is
> perfect and leads the perfect life, yielding the perfect body and mind.
> What you're saying is very similar to someone saying, "I have no
> problems"
> when the reality is, everyone has problems of one severity or another.

No, we do not need any treatment. Why do we have to be perfect?

------