Re: [SLUG-POL] True Story - example of the lunatic state of California

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 09:52:54 EDT

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Smitty wrote:

> > > Assumed identities are not identical.
> >
> > And what identity would you be assuming today?

> Identitiy as I used it was in the sense of equivalence or
> same, not in the sense you have, although it is a rather
> clever pun. You are being punny. :·)

... That's more cheerful. The 'misunderstanding' pun was
intentional. -- me as the jester having a kooky antic, so to
speak.

Seriously, I _do_ try to raise the care of composition, and
logical rather than emotional volume of flamefests --

While there is 'all fight - no rules' here, to avoid
re-hashing and stirring the same old pot, it just seems fair
avoid _initiating_ ad hominem's (sort of a Goodwin's Rule); to
inject levity with argument, and at the end of the thread,
stop off for a virtual beer together [to get ready for the
next round <g>].

-- Cheers,

      Russ