Re: [SLUG-POL] RE: our freedoms

From: Jim Wildman (jim@rossberry.com)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 11:05:03 EDT

I would rather see citizens empowered through concealed carry laws,
protection from frivolous lawsuits surrounding self defense,
requirements for gun training, etc. The problem is the underlying
message of all of the legislation is "let us take care of you". The
police (in most cases) cannot protect you. They can only punish those
who hurt you (ask the battered ex wives about the effectiveness of
restraining orders), if they can catch them. The only way to 'protect'
the people as most pundits seem to want is to move very substantially
towards a police state.

Did the clauses about disseminating information on computer security
holes stay in the legislation?

Jim Wildman jim@rossberry.com
903-736-4393