[SLUG-POL] RE: our freedoms

From: Maureen L. Thomas (elgato513@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 03:06:08 EDT

I for one have had this conversation at my work place on more than one
occasion. Having survived the riots in Detroit (1966?), where the National
Guard were on every corner, curfew at 6PM every night, shotgun at the front
door and rifle at the back, my father on duty as a Police Officer, and my
mother and myself home with no knowledge where he was or if he was even
alive, say let them do what they have to do to catch every single one of
them. I still remember the friends lost in Vietnam. My father fought in
WWII. There are men and women ready, now, to give their lifes for our
freedom.

But, if we don't give up some of that almighty freedom now, will we remain
the freedom loving country that we were before the Sept 11th horror? We
need to allow the government to do the job they have to do now. Let them
tap all phone lines of suspects. Let them do now what they must to ensure
that our country stays free. I am willingly to give up what ever is
necessary to erradacate these vile, cowardly, bastards from the face of the
earth. I can always fight for my lost freedoms later. Maureen