Re: [SLUG-POL] top posting

From: Bill Triplett (btt@nethouse.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 07:08:48 EDT

On Jul 5, 2004, at 10:07 PM, John Pedersen wrote:

> Larry Brown wrote:
>
>> Sorry to go on about this, but I just can't believe I'm the only
>> person
>> who prefers top posting. So someone... please make me a believer or
>> prove the "accepted reader's disgust of top posting" to be in error.
>
> Oh, BTW, the point that so often comes up in this debate: trimming
> quoted messages. When I see bottom post replies where the replier has
> left the entire *NKS blurb* in there--puleeze, you're wearing out my
> scroll wheel.

Yeah! If you use procmail, you could pipe your nks mail though this
script:

-- cut
#!/usr/bin/perl -00

while (<>) {

s/^(($q+)*[\-\n]+)*\s*\n?($q+)?(This\s*list.*?its\s*employees\.)$//msg;
   print;

}
-- cut

I've been using it for almost a year and haven't seen one of those damn
things. It gets rid of the quoted instances too. I turned it off a
couple weeks ago to see if they were still adding the disclaimer, and
quickly turned it back on. :)