Re: [SLUG-POL] Facist economic model, wealth v. income, Jackson v. Bank all over again, China -- WAS: one-sided political figure jabs?

From: John Pedersen (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 18:40:49 EDT

> I never said I trust the government's figures implicitly. Nor do I
> consider it wholly the government's fault for lowering interest rates.
> That does add to the borrowing which occurs, but it's not the only
> reason that people increase their debt.

Of course not. You misunderstand, again. Just like filling the car
with gasoline isn't the reason that the car moves (ooops, a simple
example, sorry).

Back to what you said: "lowering interest rates....is not the only
reason that people increase their debt." Of course not--but IT
ENABLES people to increase their debt! Just like gas enables a car to
go. The government's incentive in feeding in the money is very
simple: keep people shopping, and a goodly percentage of them will
think all is well. I think you provide proof of that. Maintain the
illusion and don't pop the bubble.

>The government is completely
> duplicitous, out to do us in and lie to us at every turn. They're
> probably in league with Halliburton on this whole thing.

Actually, yes, even though you are being sarcastic, you are actually
stating my opinion quite accurately. I do believe corruption abounds
at just about every level of government, and, yes, Halliburton is
getting contracts for several billions of dollars in Iraq. That's
BILLIONS, with a B. Is it all above board and totally innocent? I
don't have the facts to prove otherwise, although many, many
allegations have been made. Investigations are ongoing. But, no,
perish the thought--with Billions at stake, I'm sure that nobody would
break any rules, or tell a fib, or anything like that.

> Yes, John, we're all doomed. And you are the lone voice of
> sanity in a world gone mad.

Doomed? I don't think I said that. I think our children and future
generations will have much poorer lives because of what has been done
in the last few decades. Believe me, there are MANY MANY MANY other
people who see further than next month or next year, and will agree
with much of what I say. Just because no Slugonians agree with me,
doesn't mean it ain't so!

"Lone voice"? I owe you an apology. Now that I realise that you have
never heard any of these facts before, no wonder you have closed your
mind, hearing it from only a single idiot like me. I apologize for
intruding on your world, and maybe one day you will hear these new
ideas from somebody else that is more credible.