[SLUG] samba frustration

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 09:01:59 EDT

At the risk of appearing dumb, I just need some help with this.

I have samba running on my server and I can see the server in my network
neighborhood on my '98 box. I can even see my folder on the server and some
files I have created there. I cannot however access these files. When I
click on them it says terminal.exe not found or if I try to access them with
word from my '98 box it says it cannot find the file,, even when I am
looking at it on the word browser.

Is there some thing I have to have running on my '98 box that I have not
found reference to in all my readings?? Huh?

I have even followed the examples in the Sams 24 hours to Samba and all goes
well until I try to access the files I have created through Linux.

Also, I have put another level of directories in my share and when I try to
open them I am told that it doesn't exist,,and there it is right in front of
me???

Can I scream now??

Here are my smb.conf entries:
( my linux directories are all owned my me and the permissions are now set
to 777.

[global]
        workgroup = <name>
        server string = <name>