[SLUG] MS claims "We're more secure... really"

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 10:59:33 EDT

Looks like MS is now bashing OpenSource security agagin, claiming that
OpenSourced projects are less secure than closed source because "The
open source model tends to emphasize design and development. Testing is
boring and expensive."

Most of all, I love their reason security patches take so long.
According to MS: "People ask us why our security patches take so long.
One of the reasons they take so long is because we test them." (I guess
the fact that customers are being hacked all the time during the wait
really doesn't equate)

Anyways, read the rest of the story here:
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/04/13/0247207

P.S.
Tina, I put the Newsforge link so people will discuss the story in the
dicussion group on Newsforge. ;)

Norb