[SLUG] Re:

From: Glen Canaday (tuck@acer-access.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 19:32:55 EDT

This is easy. A Linux CAD/CAM package that doesn't just draw, it generates
the code to run the machine as well. Do it for kde (qt2, actually), using
openGL for solid rendering and the ability to generate code for a wide
variety of machine... basically, take a FANUC and a Heidenhain and divide
them :) Windows has software to do this, Linux does not. The GNU-cad-cam
project on Sourceforge which has a nice roadmap, but has no code. I started a
kde2 app for this, but kdevelop did all the work starting it and now I'm
stuck because I don't know kdelibs or qt :)

        Beyond this we need an accounting package good enough for large corporations
to use. We have gnucash, but that's for balancing your checkbook. Something
industrial strength that an accountant can use without learning an new
language.

        Glen