Re: [SLUG] Burning CDs

From: Tim Spalding (dominus@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 20:48:29 EDT

Greg Reinbach wrote:

> CD everything seems to go fine, light comes on, CD gets popped out at the
> end with no error messages, but when I try to read the CD it is still
> blank!!! Now what I am trying to work out is if this is due to bad blank CDs
> tried to burn it windows (dual booting machine), same thing happens. Am able
> to read normal CDs.
> Any help would be appreciated in how to go about finding the fault.

This may sound silly, and I don't intend any offense, but is it at all possible
that you're not putting the disks in the drive correctly? If the CD-R's you're
using aren't labelled, and are the silver type, it can be difficult to tell
which way the disk goes into the drive. With the disks I've got, the easiest
way to tell is to look at the numbers printed around the hub of the disk; the
side the numbers look normal from is the side that goes UP.

Hope it helps.