[SLUG] Burning CDs

From: Greg Reinbach (greg@reinbach.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 11:52:12 EDT

Hi All,
Having a little problem burning some CDs. Problem being that when I burn a
CD everything seems to go fine, light comes on, CD gets popped out at the
end with no error messages, but when I try to read the CD it is still
blank!!! Now what I am trying to work out is if this is due to bad blank CDs
(tried 6 CDs now) or is it possible that the CD Burner is not working
correctly? Running Mandrake 7.2 with Smart & Friendly CD Burner. In the past
have managed to burn CDs but have reinstalled/upgraded since then. Even
tried to burn it windows (dual booting machine), same thing happens. Am able
to read normal CDs.
Any help would be appreciated in how to go about finding the fault.

Greg