Re: [SLUG] Burning CDs

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 13:52:10 EDT

Hi:

> end with no error messages, but when I try to read the CD it is still
> blank!!!

  An easy one! Just remove ' -dummy ' from your script file.

  Actually we need to know the software you are using to attempt
a guess, do you run a log file of mkisofs 's action?
  When you mount and view the "iso" image file is it normal,
looking just like the original directories?
  Do you make a log file when ' cdrecord ' operates? What do
they tell you?
  By observing these precautions I have never created a coaster,
at $0.20 each my time is much more valuable than the media.
  As to why Winblows doesn't work as you want it to, I thought
that was normal. It is possible your writer's optical system is
burdened with dust or dirt, power is required to write,
reading is easy.

  If all else fails I would be happy to send you my script files.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm