Re: [SLUG] Mount point does not exist

From: Larry Sanders (lsanders@flash.net)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 18:52:16 EDT

Ed and Paul are right.
Prior to mounting a file device, such as another disk or a cd
a directory must be created as the mount.
What ever is in this directory will be unavailable when it is mounted.
So in /mnt create the two directories listed here:

If Mandrake is like RedHat then fstab will have two lines like
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom iso9660 owner,noauto,ro 0 0
/dev/hdd /mnt/cdrw iso9669 owner,noauto,ro 0 0

Larry :-)