[SLUG] Mount point does not exist - 2

From: Frank Roberts (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 21:44:39 EDT

When I attempt to do a ls from command line /mnt dir I get a message
sayinf that either fstab or mtab is configured incorrectly.
On boot I get an error message saying that rwcdrom does not have a mount
point.

Line was added to /etc/fstab
/mnt/rwcdrom /mnt/rwcdrom supermount fs=iso9660, dev=/dev/rwcdrom
00

I attempted to add the following line added to /etc/mtab
/mnt/rwcdrom /mnt/rwcdrom supermount
rw,fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/rwcdrom 00

After addition I checked /mnt with ls. I did not get a listing of
rwcdrom.

So I rebooted the system.

Checked contents of fstab and mtab.
fstab was modified.
mtab was not as modified but had returned to the original file.

Hope someone has some suggestions.

Thanks
Frank