[SLUG] help with Roadrunner

From: warrior@sanynet.ne.jp
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 23:19:47 EDT

I have a Turbolinux 6.0 Workstation which has been connected to
Roadrunner and running fine for some time. On a spare partition on the
same box, I installed Red Hat 7.0. Although I have setup DHCP in
linuxconf and also have tried to mimic the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts files as they are setup in Turbolinux, I
cannot get Redhat to recognize the Roadrunner network.

I am wondering if there are any special settings that have to be made to
allow for DHCP used with Roadrunner (is it different from DHCP used on a
  regular LAN), but I don't know where the DHCP config files are. I
never set anything special on the Turbolinux system; it came up to the
network automatically.

(PS. I have a sparc box running Solaris 8 that has the same problem.
DHCP is set, but it can't seem to receive the address from RR like it
should. What setting am I missing?).

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

David W.