Re: [SLUG] Participations

From: sotl155360@earthlink.net
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 20:41:26 EDT

Glen Canaday wrote:

> On Sunday 29 April 2001 09:04, you wrote:
> > Question how long (in days) should it take to format a 45 GB hard drive?
> > 1, 2 4 , 10 et.
>
> If you spend more than 20 minutes on this, I'll be surprised.
>
> Glen

So far I have 39 Hours in it and the last time I looked it was still
formatting /home at 29 GB with /usr at 20 GB yet to go.

Personally this just does not seem right to me but I have no idea of how
to do it differently now. If I was starting over I would not check
format for any reason. Nor would I use RH setup to partition a drive.

The question now is how do I get out of this with out trashing a drive?

Thanks
Frank