Re: [SLUG] iptables

From: patrick (patrick@llc.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 20:45:50 EDT

On Monday 30 April 2001 08:32 pm, you wrote:
> patrick wrote:
> [chop]
>
> > they dont have mandrake update. and by the way mandrake has
> > a larger share of the market. we need to come together
> > and support one distro now.
>
> Support only one distribution? Hooey!

no we need to. with microsoft about to launch their new
os we now have a wonderful chance to take away the
desktop. with the evil gates doing whatever it takes to
ruin anyone else that gets in his way, the time has come
for us to come together. imagine if u will (for the desktop)
that we all combine all of our talents and energies to work
together to make one super distro instead of so many smaller
ones. imagine just a couple of (easy) ways to install software.
and by the way mandrake has rpm mandrake which is
100 percent compatible with red had 4.0 rpm. again its just
point and click. for those of u that want to do more than point
and click its there. for most of us that dont well one big distro
would bring us together. just one rpm format. maybe just
one tar gz. i can never get tar gz files to work properly, i dont
know why, but i have install several rpms in my mandrake
and they worked. good for me. there will still be many ways
to implement the desktop. i prefer kde. its the most polished
and its growing at an incredible pace. lets discuss this
further.

thanks