Re: [SLUG] Read Receipt -- A Nuisance?

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 12:13:53 EDT

Ah, OK, I notice that Reply goes to the list rather than to the sender ...
most of the other lists I am on have changed that so Reply is to the
Sender and one must Reply All or specifically paste-in the List to reply
to it. Saves a lot of noise.

I will use a different account for those cases where I need the Read Request
feature. (Technology has its limits!)

Sorry for the hassle! :-)

Doc

  Yes YOU can toggle the return receipt option, but this is a mailing list.
  There is no need for you to know if EVERYONE on the list reads your
  postings. Not to mention it is somewhat of a nusuance for the rest of
  the participants especially on lists with 100's or 1000's of members.