Re: [SLUG] Re: Paul thank you for your response, and some thoughts.

From: ter swartz (ter450@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 11:29:30 EDT

Ramiro,
I am not that far ahead of you. I used to be a big
DOS fan from the old days. Very reliable, and if it
did not work, it was because of something I did.
Windows has created an "Idiot proof" OS that takes a
genius to figure out. Then when they iron out most of
the bugs, they start mass marketing a new OS. Now to
my point (and Paul, you have frequently given me great
insight as well). Sometimes when installing a
different OS to a box, set the CMOS settings (when you
first boot up) to the default setting. I had an
experience with a particular box. From Windows 98,
installed Windows NT...mouse would not work, later,
installed Windows PRO...mouse still would not work,
later installed Red Hat 7...mouse still would not
work, Then installed Caldura 2.4....installation
suggested I reset my CMOS to default...mouse
worked!...curiosity made me reinstall all the other
OS's...mouse worked in every one. Chalk a point up for
Linux. Pete