Re: [SLUG] IRC part 2

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 18:37:10 EDT

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:56:53PM -0400, Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> Gee, when I finally get on, there's no one there. Urgh!Well, it gives me
> a chance to learn...
>

> Well, I suppose that this might be an ok time to bring this idea up, but
> has anyone ever thought of starting a "meeting" entirely done over IRC?
> Just wondering. I mean, it could be late, so that most of us could "make
> it," we could "stay" as long as we'd want, and... well, I just think
> it's "an idea." Any takers?

This idea was thought of shortly after the group started in August '97.
For a long time, no one put forward any suggestions for physical
meetings, and it was thought that perhaps IRC meetings might work. We
eventually started having physical meetings, but no one offered a stable
IRC channel for IRC meetings.

Paul