Re: [SLUG] This is Wierd has anyone else seen this?

From: Michael Manchester (mchester@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 06:37:36 EDT

Thanks Robert, but he is typing "su" It's from any
terminal that he can't logon as root. In other words
if he trys to logon after a reboot he can't logon with
root and/or if he uses on of the consoles by pressing
ctr-alt-f1-f4

The other interesting thing is if he changes the root
password, it also changes his userid password. Though
the two aren't tied together with any groups.

We are at a lose here as to what could be causing the
problem. We first suspected a bad install, but after
three new installs, with formats, we have ruled that
out. We arn't sure how this could be causing the
problem, but we are now thinking maybe it's the
"hardware". Why/how I don't know.

Mike M

=====