Re: [SLUG] This is Wierd has anyone else seen this?

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 19:30:54 EDT

This is a shot in the dark: try typing "su" instead of "su root". If
this doesn't work, then maybe there is a regular user account
conflicting with the root account. I don't know if it is even possible,
but maybe the root name and password were entered as a regular user
account. Of course, you could check /etc/passwd, also.

-Robert