Re: [SLUG] (FWD) linux clustering

From: Tim K. (tkimball@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 18:08:05 EDT

I see what you mean about using that computer as my master node. I read
that a master node doesn't need much computing power, so I'm gonna use a
Pentium 66 to act as the master node.

As for using Linux on my workstation... I would but my main pieces of
software (3D Studio, AutoCad) only runs on NT. I'm not interested in
learning any new software just to switch OS's My business is almost totally
dependant upon my knowledge of these pieces of software.

Maybe they'll switch, then I definitely will. I think Linux is the next
operating system.

Tim Kimball
Inferno Design Solutions