Re: [SLUG] OT job posting site

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 16:57:52 EDT

"fear me.." wrote:

> I am interested but I am not fully qualified for the job
> =*(
>
> Im going to try posting this again in hope that some of you can help me out
> some
>
> Im currently looking for a job in the computer feild selling working on or
> with computers. Anything anyone has would be much apriciated. If anyone knew
> some one that sells or services computers and could help me learn more that
> would be great also. Im eager to learn and I want a job that I can enjoy

This might seem odd, but hey - it worked for me:

Have you tried to apply at a book store? If you can work the computer
section you can pick up alot of stuff pretty quick, having access to all
those book and - more importantly - the knowledge base that IS (are?)
the people that buy those books. Trust me, you'll thank yourself for it.
Unless of course, you're like me and like to spend 75% of your paycheck
at the bookstore - but you probably have an actual life ;) The cool
thing about the bookstores is that you can read a bit in your breaks and
off times and then go home to practice that whcih you learned.

Bon chance,

Norb