Re: [SLUG] I'm back

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 16:06:06 EDT

On Saturday 26 May 2001 18:53, Glen Canaday wrote:
> Hey all.. I been off line for a while. I got a few bugs worked out for a

> So here's my dilemma - has anyone solved the problem of compiling qt
> without internal compiler errors on the first try? Surely trolltech can't
> be releasing code they haven't test compiled, but that's exactly what it
> looks like.

I am afraid I have no helpful hints, but I would like to ask; what are you
trying to compile?

I had some trouble with PyQt when I tried some upgrading on my own (not from
a distro) with rpms. Same as you, when I tried to compile the latest PyQt
source I got errors that even with my limited knowledge looked like an error
in the source code. I found a PyQt source package on the Suse ftp site under
a upgrade subdirectory and the info file with it mentioned fixed compile
errors. The only thing I can think of is that there must be eonugh difference
in my linux setup and the developer's setup that it would produce compile
errors, dunno.

I also had to add --with statements to ./configure to get it to compile
correctly. Even though it looked to me like there were environment variables
that pointed to the correct subdirectories for the libraries invloved.
I assume you know that you can get a list of what the configure script
supports in the way of includes (./configure --help ).

Well sorry to blither on and not actually offer any help, but if you get qt
to compile would you mind letting us know what had to be tweaked to get there
from here?