Re: [SLUG] I'm back

From: Glen (tuck@acer-access.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 21:49:56 EDT

> > So here's my dilemma - has anyone solved the problem of compiling qt
> > without internal compiler errors on the first try? Surely trolltech can't
> > be releasing code they haven't test compiled, but that's exactly what it
> > looks like.
>
> I am afraid I have no helpful hints, but I would like to ask; what are you
> trying to compile?

Just qt-2.2.4. I was trying to use the threading, system jpeg and built in
png. That's basically about it. The vast majority of the errors I found were
typos, where someone typed a '.' instead of a '>' and so forth. This could be
an issue with tar's own unpacking errors, but it works fine with the 78MB
int'l bit of kde so it seems unlikely.

Thanks for the help, but this exact download has compiled before (probably a
fluke!) The real nasty errors are gcc internal errors -- which says to me
that the recommended version (2.95.2) doesn't exactly have things like
namespaces and other shiny new features implemented quite right yet.

If I get the guts to try it again, I'll let everyone know what exactly I had
to do.

        Glen