Re: [SLUG] Solicitation of opinions

From: patrick (patrick@llc.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 21:54:29 EDT

On Sunday 03 June 2001 09:25 pm, you wrote:
> If I had already chosen what I wanted, I would not be soliciting
> opinions. I pose the question again,
> Smitty
>
> patrick wrote:
> > On Sunday 03 June 2001 08:30 pm, you wrote:
> > > I currently use Netscape for email, news, and browsing and would like
> > > to switch to seperate clients.
> > > For email, kmail and balsa interest me.

i have only used kmail. it works and works well.
it fulfills my email needs and so i havent looked elsewhere.

  For news, Pan and KNode
> > > interest me.

i have only used knode. i dont use it anymore. i like it a lot.
again it works, it never crashed and it works well. my isp
shut down their news server. i now use mailandnews.com
or i did, as of late i get the downloaded page and when
i click on the threads it wont give em to me. so now thankfully
deja or google or whatever u call it now allows posting
directly from their pages similar to the old deja.

i was impressed with knode. it is a .3 release. imagine
that a .3 and it works like a champ. ever think of using
a .3 release of anything from windoes

 For a full featured browser, I have only tried Konqueror.
> > > I can only choose one of each.

i have of course used netscape in the past. i didnt seem
to have all the crashing problems that some people have
had. mozilla works but i dont care for the look of it.
konquerer to me looks the best and works well also.
i have had a few crashes with konquerer but im really
excited about the new kde that is coming out soon. these
guys and gals i assume really know what they are doing.