Re: [SLUG] AMD K6-2 300

From: leo (haleo@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 06:10:54 EDT

Jason Pratt wrote:

> It's during the file transfers of the installation. And it's random, yet
> always during the file copy. No messages just stops.. I find it odd..

Are you installing to have multiple OS's? How is the disk formatted? How
are you partitioning? I had a problem because my disk had been formatted
with the old DOS command which does not recognize anything over 2.1G (I
have 6.1G ). I did not know this until I got a tech friend to help. Does
Mandrake normally issue a message if thinking it is out of space? Mine
kept crashing during the file or package transfer also. Are you using a
boxed set of the software? What medium are you using to install (boot
floppy, CD, etc)................leo