Re: [SLUG] Corel and Linux

From: Aharon (aharon@superfreeway.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 12:38:14 EDT

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001 randrade@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> i recently read some stats on mandrakes site about market share of different
> linux vendors. thus my question, i really like corels debian based version,
> does anyone know what is going to happen to their offering? does Microsoft
> still own a part of corel, thus forcing the sell of its linux package or are
> they going to release a newer version with the new 2.4 kernal, wordperfect,
> corel draw?
>
> corel
> fan

Microsoft recently sold all thier shares of corel for 50 cents to the
dollar. The fact that Wordperfect is the only real competition to M$
Word, it didnt look good for thier anti-trust investigation.

Aharon

--
vgextend /dev/myself /dev/nichole /dev/sarah /dev/misty /dev/julie
"I extend myself over many women - Aharon"

Unix Administrator Tampa, Florida

Websites: http://www.tamparacing.com http://www.ls6.com http://www.lastgen.com