Re: [SLUG] no more mr nice guy

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 19:35:33 EDT

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 01:11:12PM -0400, Anita wrote:

<snip>

> As a personal aside (and this is said not to start a religious war) I am
> boycotting and refusing to see or purchase any movies with anyone in
> them that is connected with the Church of Scientology. No Travolta,
> Cruise, Kirstie Alley or Jenna Elfman or even Lisa Kudrow. And I will
> not purchase anything that has to do with Elvis. I'm not going to be
> willingly responsible for putting money in that "church's" pockets.
>
> Just my opinion. If you want to know the reasons, email me off list.
> I'll be happy to tell you about it.
>
> Anita
> PS. That includes Earthlink, which was founded by a member.

I'll say this one more time, and then I'll start un_subbing people.

I'll not have religious, sexual, political or racial trashing or
denigration on this list. I don't care what religion, what sex, what
political party or what race. If this is not clear, see the list charter
at http://www.suncoastlug.org/lists.html

Now before I hear whining about "censorship", remember that the SLUG
Politics list is open to anyone who wants to bash anyone in any way.
As Smitty pointed out, it's "No rules, just fight!" Sub_scrip_tion
instructions are on the page cited above.

Please heed this advice. It pains me to have to un_sub people for this
kind of thing.

Paul M. Foster
President
Suncoast Linux Users Group (SLUG)