Re: [slug] Re: [SLUG] Want Linux on your desktop? Nine reasons to forget about it

From: Mark (mark@bish.net)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 12:13:07 EDT

Those packets are coming straight from the sensors on the tanks across 485
and then from there into a database by way of email or direct dial

*grin* God I hope you didn't put linux on a temp/pressure sensor
*big grin*

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, herrold wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Mark wrote:
>
> > money. I can bet you that on some oil tank fields there are still some
> > 486 PC104 controller/monitoring boards running 1.2.13. I'm saying to you
>
> ... I bet you these packets are coming to you through a diald link
> running with a 1.2.13 kernel -- mine. <grin>

| Mark Bishop (mark@bish.net) | Computer Engineer |
| 813.258.2390 | Network Engineer |
| http://bish.net | Embedded Programmer |