Re: [SLUG] microsoft is an intellectual property destroyer

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 20:02:04 EDT

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 05:24:59PM -0400, Smitty wrote:

> ms's IE6 will contain a utility to edit website content called "smart tags".
> Please see:
> http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/166676.html
> I suppose this could be described as a cancer that attaches itself to
> websites, and is an intellectual property destroyer by violating copyrights
> and engaging in deceptive trade practices.
> Smitty

Oh you just gotta love this. So, say I run a travel agency with a
website. It has the word "Chicago" on it. So IE6 puts a squiggly under
it. And that squiggly points to some travel site that Microsoft owns,
like maybe Expedia.com.

It's almost like Microsoft has a .45 revolver with 4 of 5 chambers
loaded, and they're pointing it at their own heads, spinning the
cylinder....

Paul