Re: [SLUG] Want Linux on your desktop? Nine reasons to forgetabout it

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 17:16:34 EDT

Win4Lin installs a separate Linux kernel on your system. For instance,
if you have RH6.2, it installs a separate "RH6.2" kernel that works with
Win4Lin and adds a separate stanza to your lilo.conf file. It also has
RH7.x, SUSE, and many other kernels. It does not touch your own kernel,
but you do have to boot with their version. Also, it creates a symlink
to your regular kernel module directory (e.g.
/lib/modules/2.2.14-win4lin -> /lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0).

-Robert