Re: [SLUG] bug in RH7.1 lpr -K option

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 10:48:29 EDT

Well, you can say what you want to, but I just checked "man lpr" and there is
no -K option listed in the man page on my version of lpr, and I even tested it
just for the sake of things and received an invalid option response, so
I would say your post is grossly innacurate for my version of lpr. There is a
-K option for the lprng version of lpr, but you can also use -#, and it appears
that there are no spaces between the option and the number of copies.

So to put it simply, you may both be correct regarding the -K option, but Mike,
you are decidedly wrong in your view that Smitty was inaccurate, at least for
some versions of lpr.

    scott