Re: [SLUG] PCMCIA in Debian Stormix -- Need Help!

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 23:02:54 EDT

Well, I'm more familiar with Debian, so that's all the perspective I've
got...Are you using potato, or slink? Or do you know what I'm talking
about? Version 2.2 or 2.1? I know that with the Debian 2.2 installer
there is a question about removing the PCMCIA modules...It has never
affected me to have them, so I always removed them during the install.
You might find the modules for the PCMCIA devices in your drivers.tgz, I
think... or maybe in root.bin, since that is the ramdisk that you use to
install from, and that's the part of the install where you asked that
question about the PCMCIA modules. OTOH, you could just recompile a new
kernel and boot from that, remembering to include your PCMCIA devices in
the configuration...

HTH

Russell

Without sharing, there would be no Internet
Without the Internet, there would be no sharing
Share your code, share your source
-- Let's build something as great as the Internet!