Re: [SLUG] Sound...

From: Brian Coyle (brianc@magicnet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 19:45:02 EDT

"R.G. Mayhue" wrote:

[snip original sound issue]

> Did you happen to use the Mandrake "Software Manager" and upgrade the
> KDE arts sound server and multimedia libs??
>
> As soon as I did the sound quit working after the next reboot. Well
> at least in KDE. I haven't investigated it yet, but me thinks the
> Mandrake team have bungled the upgrade rpms.

Mandrade just published an update for kdelibs that mentions this in
the advisory:

<QUOTE>
Update:

 The previous update broke sound support under KDE. This update
 resolves the problem.
</QUOTE>

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/security/2001/MDKSA-2001-046-2.php3?dis=8.0

--
"We choose to go to the moon, and do the other things...
 Not because they are easy, but because they are hard." -JFK