Re: [SLUG] Mandrake & AMD

From: Jason Pratt (linuxmad@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 11:02:48 EDT

On Saturday 23 June 2001 10:24, you wrote:
> AMD K6/2 is a pentium class processor.
> In fact it is in the pentium II class.
>
> Who ever told you it is not does not work on PC's.

Never said it didn't work on PC's. I simply said that MDK 8.0 and RedHat 7.1
won't install on my AMD machines and I think it's the AMD chips. I have both
AMD K6 200 and AMD K6/2 350 and neither will get Linux on it.

> Also all these processors run x86 instructions that is why
> they are backwards compatiable.

Didn't question the chip... it's the installaiton of MDK, which states a
Pentium chip is required...

--
Jason Pratt
linuxmad@tampabay.rr.com