[SLUG] RR problems explained a bit

From: er@i-rule.net
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 01:21:08 EDT

http://www.tampabay.rr.com/netstatus/
to find out the netstatus..

I knew the head of central florida Time Warner up in Orlando.. the RR system is WAY underpowered.. several MAJOR cities across the US that RR is in are way under powered.. He explained to me that some of the biggest mail server centers/points were served by only 1 or 2 machines at MOST and it wasnt uncommon that mail would be DAYS late or just dissappear..

basically the best workaround is to NOT use RR mail at all..

a short list of some of RR problems can be had here:
http://people.qualcomm.com/karn/rr/rrprob.html

Cable Modem systems are known for their flaws.. High Speed not being delivered at all to some people or service suspended for days/weeks is not uncommon in some parts of RR.

I have a plan to offer broadband speeds to the people WITHOUT the hassles of cable companies but i dont have the $150k or so startup capital yet... :)

Just my 5 cents (inflation ya know)

ERik