Re: [SLUG] Road Runner and the Mysterious Repeating mail

From: Joe Orthoefer (joeo@nks.net)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 12:56:47 EDT

If this end was getting mailbombed, the mail logs on the list server would
indicate a huge number of queued messages going in and out to particular
users at road runner. Additionally the "Received:" headers on the mail
received by end users of the list seem to indicate that the dupes are
happening inside RR's infrastructure.

I'm open to the posibility the problem is on this end, but the final couple
of "Received" headers that are added by the Road Runner MTA's would be fairly
difficult to fake from this end, unless the mail is being delivered directly
to the last hop mail/pop host (look back at some of Robert Haeckl's analysis
of his RR mail). Also as the previous paragraph mentioned I'm just not
seeing the quantity of outbound mail to rr.com users in the mail logs that
some folks are receiving.

BTW, there should be a toggle somewhere on your mail client to display the
full headers, or to look at the "properties" of the message.