Re: [SLUG] ms brag implodes!

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 15:01:48 EDT

Tina Gasperson wrote:

> Actually, all I've been able to find out is that MS
> has one mission critical system at NASDAQ. It's called
> "marketwatch." It monitors the market for suspicious
> or unusually heavy activity on any particular
> company's stock and can halt trading on that stock. MS
> has posted a case study on that at

Seems like a perfect mission critical application for a MS product. Any
suspicious or unusually heavy activity and it immediately stops all
operations and alerts the console operator with a special Microsoft-only
full-screen BSOD (Blue Screen Operator Display) alert indicator.

Ed "Mr. Sarcasm" Centanni