RE: [SLUG] samba question

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 08:08:45 EDT

I have user level access and for my shares I am not required to enter any
passwords at all and although everyone else can see my shares if I make them
brouseable, they are required to enter a password to see them. Mo
password,, no lookie. However, nothing is free, I do have to sync the passwd
file to smbpasswd but that is not big deal. Set up a script that does it
autmatically.

What you do have to do is have the same password on each machine that you
want to access your shares from. that way you don't have to enter a
password.

Michael C. Rock