Re: [SLUG] Video Card

From: Electric Monk (elctmonk@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 12:46:06 EDT

Speaking in terms of hardware performance, I would
definitely go with the GeForce2 Pro over the Voodoo5.
On the software front, I am pretty sure that the
NVidia drivers work really well, so you shouldn't have
any problems with that.

If you aren't just limiting yourself to those choices,
I suggest that you check out a review site like
http://tomshardware.com and look through the various
choices. Personally, as far as a budget card is
concerned, I would go with a card using the Kyro II
chipset, as it holds up remarkably well against the
GeForce2 GTS. If you want the absolute best consumer
video card for 3D graphics on the market right now, I
suggest that you go with the GeForce3, although I'm
not sure whether this is supported in Xfree86 yet.

--Kevin Fogleman