[SLUG] problem with mysql

From: Grantham, Patrick (Patrick.Grantham@vacationclub.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 08:29:05 EDT

I have made a blunder. I changed the root password to a "virgin" install of
mysql. By that I mean that was the first thing I did after installing from
the suse distribution disk set. Problem is now the root password is being
rejected. I tried removing the package via the rpm manager that came with
suse (yast), then reinstalled the package. no help. it still rejects the
root password. I need some guidance on how to reset this password. If I
remove the package, how do I verify the password file is also deleted? If
there is an easier way to reset the admin password I would be all for it.

Patrick