Re: [SLUG] problem with mysql

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 09:45:58 EDT

I know that with postgresql you can login as root, then login as the
postgresql superuser. It would be something like this:

rusty@poet:~$ su
Password:
poet:/home/rusty# su - postgres
postgres@poet:~$

Now, if mysql is nothing like this, perhaps you have a "purge" command when
uninstalling in rpm? I know that debian does, but then again, it's not what
you've got. In debian's case, the purge command (an option of dpkg/apt)
removes config files, too.

HTH

Russell