Re: [SLUG] Null modem connection

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 13:21:42 EDT

Since you're using the install kernel instead of 2.4, you'll have to use isapnp
(I assume the cards are pnp) to get the cards working.

enter as root

/usr/sbin/pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf

edit the created /etc/isapnp.conf file, which contains possible selections for
all the pnp cards' irq and port addresses. Pick one group and uncomment the
first character (#) from the choice's line.
You also have to uncomment at the end of each section also (I think it is a line
with ACTY or something similar)

after saving the file, run as root

isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf

and see if your cards are recognized. If so, then you can install the module
for those cards, using the same irq and io.

   scott