Re: [SLUG] Null modem connection

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 23:36:05 EDT

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, it didn't work: no device was
recognized. :-( Ah well. So, I'm going to switch gears and try to get my
ethernet cards recognized.

But first things first: how do _I_ recognize the cards? They look pretty
generic to me. One says (on the chip itself): NE2000 Compatible Plug & Play
(PnP). The other says nothing of the sort. It's got "LAN" -- apparently from
Texas Instruments on the chip. The other chip says Olicom...

And so my journey goes, trying to figure out the world of the x86!

Russell