Re: [SLUG] Null modem connection

From: Jason Copenhaver (jcopenha@typedef.org)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 08:09:36 EDT

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Russell Hires wrote:

> But first things first: how do _I_ recognize the cards? They look pretty
> generic to me. One says (on the chip itself): NE2000 Compatible Plug & Play
> (PnP). The other says nothing of the sort. It's got "LAN" -- apparently from
> Texas Instruments on the chip. The other chip says Olicom...
>
> And so my journey goes, trying to figure out the world of the x86!
>
> Russell

Hehe.. figuring out old hardware is fun =)
hehe.. no really.. the way I usually get it is I just start searching for
anything name, number, first part of numbers... pretty much anything on a
chip or the card.. just drop it in google and pray you find a picture of
your card or a reasonable description.. I've actually had some pretty good
luck doing this..

Jason