[SLUG] Question

From: Jonathan (talzz2@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 15:17:54 EDT

I was wondering how iwin and iwon and all the websites, banks etc.. get users to log in and track their actions? Do they use ssh or openssh as a secure way of logging in. After they are logged in, users gain points, for rewards and other things. Is this a standard program big websites use? Like say I wanted people to be able to log into my website and after they clicked on a specific advertisement the person or people would get a point, coin, or dollar (whatever), is this a specific program that does this. I know they can't all be programming this theirselves that would be way to much cost for banks and every website now doing this. I know this is not Linux question directly, but I have asked people and not many people have an answer or even a place to find the answer.