[SLUG] FYI

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 16:55:28 EDT

Just a general info thing---it appears Suse has decided to alter the file
system for 7.2 ---there are differences from the 7.1 as far as file locations
are etc
I wonder if it has anything to do with Linux standards that everyone is
getting on about? Apparently there has been a change on Suse part and my info
comes from the Suse support (I couldnt set the cdrom to emulate scsi as per
the manual included, it was referencing the setup from the 7.1)
so straight from Suse comes the following
Now open the file
/etc/init.d/boot.local (In versions <7.1 it is /sbin/init.d/boot.local)

There are a few others referred to also--I imagine with a little research one
could find alot more
anyway just thought I would mention it because now it seems that the major
players are starting to assume a united front--this would help all the
software developers etc---
Looks like windoze is in for a run!!

                         AJ